June 20, 2013

Our New Home!!

On April 18th, we moved in to our new house!!! Moving with 2 toddlers is no joke, but with lots of family to help us, we did it!! Chad worked non stop until every last thing was in and then the next week we left for San Francisco, so we had to have everything settled fast! Now that things have calmed down a bit, I can finally post some more pictures of our house!



Here's our house from the curb, I didn't take a picture but we're nestled on a cul-de sac, which I love. It was on my wish list for our new house, so I was thrilled.

The detached garage is another thing we really wanted! I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to pull both of our cars in the garage, and have pleeenty of room left over! Chad has all of his crossfit gear set up already, and there is plenty of room for storage on top of that.

Our front door! I plan to dress it up with a  cute wreath and some planters with greenery soon.

When you walk in, to the left is Chad's office and to the right is the dining room.
You can't see the color very well in these pictures, but I LOVE our hardwood floors! They are distressed wide plank, medium shade, which hides dirt well. The wood floors are throughout the downstairs, except in the kitchen, laundry room and master. 



Our dining room! We are in need of a rug, curtains, new light fixture and some wall décor.
I can't wait to have a dinner party once it's all set up!!



Powder room. We already replaced the builder-grade mirror and I've done some more tweaking since these pictures were taken. Eventually I have plans to make it kind of dark and dramatic, so that might be fun!
 




Chad's office. These built-ins are my favorite! The shelves are decorated with what we already have, so they need some tweaking, too. We also are in the market for office furniture.


Love the butler's pantry, where I can display our fine china!

 










I just love our kitchen!!! It's huge!! :)











 


This is the upstairs desk nook, it will come in handy for homework in the future :)


View from upstairs looking at the entry. We need an entry rug and new light fixture. I'm thinking possibly a lantern!

The playroom! It was hard to get a good angle, but I have sooo many ideas for this space!!!

 
We have a guest room and a guest bath too, but I'll post it when we get some furniture :)


 
I love how Graham's room is so similar to his old room. I think it made him feel at home quicker :) I have some ideas for freshening up his big boy room too!

Claire's room has the most amazing views of the lake across the street, and a killer closet! Lucky girl!!

 
 View of the living room from the catwalk upstairs.
It's coming along!  This is definitely a long-term house for us, so I'm sure over time we will be doing some upgrades/changes. We love it though!!! We are so excited to be settled and be in a house we have plenty of room to raise our family in!!!






6 comments:

The Bryan Family said...

Love!

Jalei & Lane said...

So nice! Enjoy all that space!

Christina said...

Wow. It is so beautiful! I am so happy for you guys. :-)

Tonya said...

Looks awesome Bren! You will LOVE that island in the kitchen!!!!

Amber said...

Love it! I can't wait to come visit!

Calvin said...

Wow, it's fabulous! I love how neat and lovely it looks. You're right. A home is what we make them to be, so I'm sure you'll be making some renovations and changes soon enough to make your mark in this house. I hope you'll make a lot of good memories here (and a legacy to your children).

The City Block Team